castillosantacecilia

Welcome

The Castillo de Santa Cecilia’s history goes back centuries, when these lands where originally owned by the San Francisco Javier hacienda de beneficio in 1686. Hundreds or workers under the command of the Viceroy of New Spain where in charge of the metal goods manufacturing, with a metal that proceeded from some mines nearby. As time passed and with the new working methods, the conditions of the hacienda started to change, leading to its decadence and reducing the mining production to the minimum.